With the help of Project Architect Iain Walker, we wish to congratulate South Creake, Waterden, Church of All Saints in securing the delivery phase Heritage Lottery Fund Grant.
Waterden is currently on Historic England’s Heritage at Risk Register. Securing this grant will preserve the church for future generations.
The grant includes the following repairs:
- Re-tile and timber repairs to the Nave roof and bellcote.
- Reconstruction of the east parapet and repair of the west parapet.
- Repair the Chancel roof abutments and parapet.
- Reconstruct the Porch roof and repair the parapet.
- Installation of rainwater goods, gullies and below ground drainage. Upgrade the existing ground drains.
- Conservation and repair of the brickwork in the windows.
- Masonry repairs to buttresses NB2, SB1 and SB2. Re-point the ruined west end walls. Repair the timber doors and the west window.
- Construct a car park and bell mouth access.
Further information is available on the EDP website:http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/project-restore-all-saints-waterden-church-national-lottery-grant-heritage-fund-received-1-5751284