Northwold, Church of St Andrew - Heritage Lottery Funded Project
Repairs & Maintenance
Project Architect: Gethin Harvey
Project Manager: Nicholas Warns
Project Team: Client, Architect, Eastern Foundry Lead (Contractor); CDM Coordinator; Quantity Surveyor; Wildlife Consultant.
Grade 1 Listed Building
Completion Date: March 2018
Repairs carried out:
- Replace the copper on South Aisle, Nave and South Porch roofs with new lead, and repair associated parapets and top section stone of the north chimney.
- Replace downpipes on the South Aisle.
- Replace spouts on the Nave.
- Remove existing spouts in the South Porch and install new downpipes.
- Repair Roman Cement hood moulds in the Nave clerestory windows.
- Remove external cement render and re-render in lime mortar in the North Nave, North and South Aisles, South Porch and South Chancel walls.
- Re-ordering and improvements to the heating and lighting system.
We provided a full service including concept and detailed design drawings; application for Faculty; provision of full tender documents, schedule of work and specifications to appoint Contractors; contract administration to include pre-start meetings and coordination of the wider project team; regular on-site meetings with minutes issued; full project contract administration; site visits to monitor progress between meetings; handover to Client.