Bressingham, Church of St John the Baptist, Norfolk
Repairs and Improvements
Project Architect: Nicholas Warns and Domenico D’Alessandro
Project Team: Client; Architect; Contractor; CDM Coordinator; Archaeologist; Structural Engineer; Quantity Surveyor; Historian; Wildlife Consultant; Asbestos Consultant
Completion Date: 6 February 2018
Repairs carried out:
- Strip and lay new lead on the Nave roof, repairs to the east parapet of the Nave and rebuild the bell cote.
- Remove Nave rainwater goods.
- Install stainless steel clip at eaves and sacrificial apron flashing on the clerestory abutments in the north and south aisles.
- Repair coping stones at the west side of the south aisle.
- Replace missing slates in the Vestry roof.
- Install new rainwater goods and underground drainage in the North and South Aisles, Chancel and Vestry.
- Repair north outlet lead flashing abutment and the lead ridge in the Tower.
- Repoint the flint work at the low level and the east wall of the Tower.
- Replace the Tower louvres openings.
- Install a new alarm system to the roofs.
- Improve heating and lighting.
- Redecoration of the South Porch and installation of new traditional glazed windows.
We provided a full service including concept and detailed design drawings; application for Faculty; provision of full tender documents, including schedule of work and analysis of tender returns to appoint Contractors; contract administration to include pre-start meetings and coordination of the wider project team; regular on-site meetings with minutes issued; issuing of Architects Instructions for variations; issuing Interim Payment Certificates/Practical Completion Certificate/ Release of Retention for Final Payment; site visits to monitor progress between meetings; handover to Client.