Gissing, Church of St Mary
Repairs & Maintenance
Project Architect: Iain Walker
Project Team: Client, Architect, S&L Restoration Ltd (Contractor); CDM Principal Designer; Quantity Surveyor; Consultant Conservator; Archaeologist, CDM Coordinator; Archaeologist; Wildlife Consultant.
Grade I Listed Building
Completion Date: December 2017
Repairs carried out:
- Structural masonry repairs to the South Chapel, masonry and parapet repairs to the Nave and Chancel.
- Re-leading the South Chapel and Porch roofs, including new over-roof to the Porch.
- Replace, repair and alterations to the rainwater goods.
- New below ground drainage.
- Re-rendering walls of the North Chapel and Tower parapet.
- Replacement of the weathervane housing and improvements to the vertical Tower access.
- Complete replacement of the electrics and new heating and lighting systems.
We provided a full service including concept and detailed design drawings; application for Faculty; provision of full tender documents, schedule of work and specifications to appoint Contractors; contract administration to include pre-start meetings and coordination of the wider project team; regular on-site meetings with minutes issued; full project contract administration; site visits to monitor progress between meetings; handover to Client.